Silicone Dense Rubber Extrusion
Spectrem Restoration Overlays are dense rubber extrusions used for restoration applications. The patented, innovative design solution provides long-lasting performance and aesthetics. These overlays are typically bonded with Spectrem 1 Silicone Sealant to provide a watertight seal.
Spectrem Restoration Overlays are custom designed to restore aging and/or compromised glazing systems including
- Sloped glazing
- Zipper wall/lockstrip systems
- Pressure bar systems.
Features & Benefits
- Cost effective alternative to traditional dry glazing repair method involving total removal and replacement of the system components
- Reduced time and labour versus other repair methods
- Less sealant versus other repair methods
- Easy installation and clean-up
- Better long-term performance against air and water leakage compared to traditional dry glazing repair method
- Colour fast formula resistant to the effects of UV exposure
- Encapsulated wet seal is protected from exposure to the elements
- High movement capability
- Better overall aesthetic with sealant minimally visible providing straight sight lines on the interior and exterior for a clean appearance
- All joineries, screw heads, and other penetrations are covered
- Wide operational temperature range
- Non-corrosive and corrosion resistant
- Allows for ease of glass infill/other infill replacement for on-going maintenance.
Many profiles are available depending upon existing metal requirements. Custom colour matching is also available.